Monday, June 14, 2010

Rain drops

Oh its Monday already, its 3am Monday to be exact. I am going to be gone most of the morning and didn't want to miss my Monday post and go back on my word about 3 postings a week :)

I will be in Fairhope Alabama today. The town has lots of little shops and a great coffee shop I can't wait! Donna (a good friend) and I meet about every 3 months and go do something fun. This month's fun is shopping!! Can't wait!! Plan on looking for a scrapbook store see if I can find some neat stuff.

I also wanted to share this tag I made for my grandson Brandon. I had made one for my daughter and she loved it so much she wanted one for him. his room is all in blue, with stars and moons, it's a really cute, boyish room.
I made this tag heavy duty chipboard and different types of papers. I stamped the background  with a swrily stamp, then layered it with a soft blue baby boy paper that has little air planes and clouds all through it. Half way down the middle I added layers of torn papers shaded with tim holtz distressing inks. The silver moon was cut using a 2" inch circle punch then used a 1" inch circle punch to cut the shape and used silver glitter to give it some sparkle.

The stars are actually beads I had purchased to make a necklace, the have the feel of polished rocks. They are cool to the touch, really neat...the lion is a sticker placed on a 2.5" scalloped punch and next to it is the same lion I found in a brad! too cute huh?
Then since Brandon likes ducks, I tucked a littel resin duckie peeping out from the flowers. The sticker above, next to the moon reads "Rain, rain, rain, rain..." so I used Glossy Accents to form rain drops all over the tag. Its looks really cool in person, its a sturdy tag. It's going to look awsome on his shelf! Lots of fibers and silver and wood charms dangle from the top but the picture didnt turn out. :(

I just love making tags! I wanna make one for everyone I meet! You want one?? lol (Hope this dont get me in trouble!) lol



Thanks for stopping by...see ya Wednesday!
And God Bless you all!

Huggs
Elsa 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elsa,
    Wow, you are going to have a great time with your girlfriend.
    It's always fun to get together with the girls.
    I can't believe you are a grandmother! Wow! What a lucky grandson to be getting handmade gifts.
    Have a great day.
    Luv,
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to comment!! xoxo